Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 2: I Am Second

I stayed up late into the night reading the I Am Second book. This book has so many testimonies of people realizing that they can't live their lives any longer unless they put God as number one...


I honestly thought I was doing that until I read this book. This book opened my eyes and my heart to how selfish I have been lately. As humans, our first instinct is to put ME first. Selfishness is something we are born into. As Christians, we must LEARN to put God first.

Why do I think I should be first in my life? I don't know my future. I don't know what's going to happen to me tomorrow. So, why should I be putting my thoughts, needs, and actions first? I definitely want God in control considering He knows way more about me than I do!
Last night when I was reading this book I realized I had to give everything to God. By giving everything to God was me telling God that I trust Him with everything in me. 


The verse highlighted in the picture is one of my favorites. Josh Hamilton quotes it in his story. "Humble yourselves before God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7 
It's time to get down on our knees and humble ourselves before our God. 


I can't wait to see what God will do with my life now that I've decided to put Him first. I pray that wherever God chooses to use me, I will give Him all the glory! I know I'm still gonna make mistakes. But, that's what God's grace is for!  

No comments:

Post a Comment