Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 155: Day 30 of No Makeup November


It's November 30, which mean it's the last day of No Makeup November. This has been a very eye-opening experience! Although I don't wear makeup a lot, I do wear makeup to cover up "flaws" and make myself look prettier especially when I dress up. 
I thought this month would end differently. I thought I would feel empowered and totally confident and never want to wear makeup again.
But, this is not the case. Turns out, other girls have felt the same way.  Satan has attacked us because he knows we're about to end this month and go into a whole new month, with makeup. He put acne on my face and dried up my skin. All I wanted to do was cover myself up this week.
I've learned this is going to be a process. I plan to wear makeup. But, I don't plan to use it excessively, or to cover up the imperfections on my face...because God truly did make me flawless, so why try to cover something up that is already beautiful.
I have learned that I am beautiful. I am confident in what I look like. However, every day is different. I am thankful that I had the UCSC girls to encourage me along in this journey!
God truly is the Ultimate Creator and Comforter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment