Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 156: It's the season of GIVING.


Christmas isn't just about receiving presents, decorating your house, and listening to Christmas music. It's about giving. It's about volunteering your time and money. It's about giving pieces of your heart away. It's about sacrificing time with your friends to spend time doing stuff for other people. (It's even more awesome when you can volunteer with your friends!) 

Today 5 of us from the UCSC went to White House, Tennessee to help with Christmas for the Children...Wow, this is an incredible program. They find lots of children who are in need, and who may not get many Christmas presents, and they give them $100 and pair them up with an adult to go shop in K-Mart for Christmas presents for themselves. There was almost 200 kids! We took huge charter buses to K-Mart and busted in and started shopping. I was paired up with this girl in the picture, and God was absolutely the One who paired us together. 
We both LOVE pink and Justin Bieber and clothes! It was such a fun day! I couldn't believe how quickly we bonded. She got a bag full of CUTE clothes that she picked up, along with a stuffed animal maker and some boots. They also got their picture made with Santa Clause!
It was an incredible, life changing experience. I truly mean that it was life changing. I've been so consumed lately with myself because of school and all the stress. I needed a day where I focused my WHOLE day on one little, precious girl!
This beats receiving a present any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment