Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 76: Deaf Education Booklet


Tonight, I was having dinner at El Tap with my friend roomie, Bree. She and I are just talking away, eating our chips and salsa, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and there's an old man handing me this pamphlet shown in the picture. I've seen people like this before, but I always handed the booklet yet. But, this time, I actually had some cash on me. I handed him $5, he thanked me in sign language and was on his way. Honestly, I'm not even sure what this money was going to. Was it going to an organization? Was it going to him? Was it a scam? I don't know. But, I felt it in my heart to give a little something to him. I'm not telling you about the money I donated to brag about anything, but I'm telling you about it because sometimes we are too caught up in our own lives that we forget to take a look around us to see how we can help others. People in need are all around all the time. It's not that hard to stop what you're doing to help yourself, and look up to see who you can help other than yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment