Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 50: Bluegrass time

You can only find this kind of music and entertainment in Shelbyville, TN.
From the outside, The Parkway Cafe (also known as Richard's) is a little, run down restaurant. Nothing too special. Once you walk in, you realize that this place is home to so many residents of Shelbyville. It's a little buffet with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried okra, shrimp, biscuits and cornbread, ice cream, and much more. It's a Southern home cookin'.
To truly get the experience of eating at a mom and pop restaurant in Shelbyville, you've gotta head towards the back where there is live Bluegrass music (on the weekends).
And let me tell you, these people (9 men, 1 woman) were really good! It was such a fun experience!
Today, I've really missed my Grandpa. Throughout the day, I've just been in tears. But, I love going to these places that remind me of my Grandpa! I love going to places where I can almost feel him with me. So I'm thankful that The Parkway Cafe gave me that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment