Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 54: It's been 6 months

I can't believe it's been 6 months (last Sunday) since my Grandpa passed away. It is actually starting to sink in. I refused to believe it. But, the more time I spend at my Grandma's, the more it hits me. 
I completely see God in my Grandma's life. God has given my Grandma unbelievable strength to get through this time! Every day, I know that she wakes up broken. But, I know that God is slowly healing her. My Grandma is an amazing woman of God and she has completely given this situation to Him, and her faith has not wavered! She's truly inspiring.
But, being at Grandma's, just Grandma and me, is hard. Don't get me wrong, I have loved and treasured every moment spent with her. But, it's still hard. It's so quiet and lonely. My Grandpa is supposed to be there, yet when I walk into the living room, he's not on his recliner watching tv....where he always is. Sometimes when I'm there, I just can't get rid of the tears I cry. 
This is a picture of an old picture taken of my Grandpa and me years ago when he came to our house and helped with some construction around the house. He was such a hardworker, and most pictures taken of him are when he's been hard at work!! The picture of on top of my bible because he was the most godliest man I've ever known. Everyone who knew him knew he was a man of God. His knowledge and relationship with our Lord is truly inspiring.
Man, I miss him. But, I know that I'll get to see him again one day in Heaven! I truly can't wait for that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment